This is one the biggest moments in your life. Here are twenty serious, and some
not so serious, ways to make the experience memorable.
1. Not sure what type of ring to buy her? Buy ANY piece of jewelry and have it
inscribed with "Marry Me". She'll always have that and then she can pick out a ring she loves.
2. Drop the ring in a glass of Champagne. Simple, elegant and effective.
Just make sure she doesn't drink the ring.
3. Get dressed up as a clown, Prince, or better yet, the Knight in Shining Armor and go to her job or home with a balloon with the ring tied to the end of the string.
4. Take her on a Hot Air Balloon ride and pop the question during the flight.
Just make sure the ring doesn't go flying overboard.
If she doesn't like Hot Air Balloon rides, a helicopter ride will work too.
5. Place an ad in her favorite newspaper with your photos next to it, so she is sure to notice. Imagine her surprise when she is reading and sees her face. Or, if you
really want to get her to notice it, circle the ad and fold the page.
6. Buy a billboard on the highway. This is costly, but WOW what a
surprise, which will be seen by a lot of people!
7. Call her favorite radio station and ask her on the air.
8. Take her to a sporting event and see if you can have the question
placed on the screen.
9. If she is into theater, plan on taking her to a play and then on a
horse and buggy ride if possible where you can ask the question.
Don't forget the champagne to celebrate!
10. Create a path by using rose petals or footprints from the front
door to her bedroom. Fill the room with roses, balloons and candles.
Be waiting for her on the bed (which is sprinkled with rose petals of
course) holding the ring. This is sure to win her heart.
11. Take her to dinner at your favorite restaurant. Prearrange to have the waiter bring a single red rose to the table with the ring attached to the rose.
12. Take her on a picnic with all the trimmings, leave the ring in the basket and then ask her to get something out of the basket later. The ring waiting in the basket will surely be a surprise.
13. Take a walk on the beach, and write "Will you marry me?" in the sand.
14. Buy a book, cut out a hole the same size of the ring in the pages. Place the ring in the book and present it to her.
15. How about giving her a BIG present… just for no reason, and have a smaller wrapped box instead, then a smaller one, and a smaller one, you get the picture… until she comes to the ring box.
16. Is she a pet lover? How about getting her a puppy or kitten and tying the ring around the new animal's neck. If she already has a house full of furry friends, tie the ring around her favorite cat or dog's neck. Now just make sure the four-legged friend doesn't eat the ring!
17. Does she travel on business a lot? Pick her up at the airport with a sign that says, "Will you marry me."
18. Give her a foot massage and place the ring on her little toe.
19. Do you have the keys to her car? Fill it with Balloons and a sign that says "Will you Marry Me."
20. Sometimes it's not how you do it but where. Go to your favorite spot, whether it's a park, the beach or favorite restaurant. Then just get down on one knee and ask her to marry you.